The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor to the Regional Development Agency South (RDA South) on promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) via Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) (with special focus on the inclusion of disadvantaged groups) within its project "Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government".
The Advisor is responsible for extending the regional scope of the projects' initiatives by providing expertise to the economic support structures in the Development Region South to facilitate linkages between FDI and local SMEs with a special focus on the inclusion of disadvantaged groups with high poverty risk (e.g. rural youth, minorities, persons with disabilities) into economic activities.
The permanent workplace shall be located within the facilities of the RDA South.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Supporting the economic support structures in identifying opportunities for job-creating investment and business generation among local SMEs;
- Supporting project partners (RDA South and other economic support structures) in implementing the Regional Development Strategy for South Development Region (RD South) in terms of economic development, the Regional Sectorial Program in the field of Business Support Infrastructure, as well as other activities and events to attract private sector investments, including the development of regional and sectoral promotion materials that will contribute to Sustainable Economic Development of RD South;
- Supporting the economic support structures in analysing and developing solutions for local SMEs in their business development (e.g. informational support, contacts, trainings, etc.);
- Implementing capacity development measures (e.g. trainings) for the economic support structures to enable them to deliver these services to a wide range of SMEs;
- Supporting new foreign investments and promoting existing ones in the region and providing assistance to potential investors during all phases required;
- Gearing investment and business generation activities towards the inclusion of disadvantaged groups by identifying opportunities in close collaboration with local social institutions, RDA South, Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI), as well as business associations and project team;
- Generating a positive image of the region as attractive investment location in cooperation with partner counterparts and different stakeholders;
- Supporting the organization of external events related to investment attraction in cooperation with partners;
- Identifying local enterprises and professional education institutions suitable for the implementation of dual Vocational Education and Training (VET) and advising them in cooperation with RDA South, CCI, project team and relevant public stakeholders;
- Implementing capacity development measures for the RDA South, CCI and other regional support structures to deliver employment relevant services and create opportunities for persons with high poverty risk.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Economics, International Relations, Industrial Engineering or other areas relevant for the implementation of described tasks;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in a consulting company, or relevant industry experience in a private sector, public institution, international development organization or business association;
- Experience in the fields of Investment attraction and/or SME promotion; experience in the field of VET is an advantage;
- Experience in working with disadvantaged groups would be an asset;
- A developed professional network within relevant government and private sector stakeholders in Moldova and in the region;
- Knowledge of the legislative background related to entrepreneurial activity and investment promotion;
- Fluency in Romanian and English; knowledge of Russian and German would be an asset;
- Computer proficiency and strong IT skills.
- Ability to work on individual responsibilities, but in close cooperation with the team and superior;
- Possess problem-solving skills and the ability to negotiate, be a strong team player, and have initiative;
- A valid category B driving license.
Applicants have to be citizens of the Republic of Moldova, residing inside the country for a period of over 6 months before the date of application.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 11 May 2018, time 17:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.
The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.